Photos by Kalena Photography
We can never get over how perfect Sedona is for adventure couples in love. The scenery is so vast and unique, but one popular spot has always lit up our grid on social media. That spot is "Merry Go Round" Rock. As a couple or photographer, you may be wondering how to get to it. We'll cover that below...
Kalena of Kalena Photography met this gorgeous couple and began making plans on where to do their formals. That was when they mentioned a location called "Merry-Go-Round Rock". She wrote:
"Originally Sarasheena and Adam had picked a different place but because of construction we had to quickly find a new place for their engagement photos. I had seen photos taken at this spot on Instagram so I suggested it and they loved the idea! This place isn’t the easiest to get to and does require more planning than usual for a typical photo session location..."
What you'll need to get to Merry-Go-Round Rock
"Schnebly Road is a very rocky road so I recommend renting a jeep when planning your elopement or engagement session at Merry Go Round Rock. You definitely do not want to get stuck out in the Sedona wilderness with no cell service! Here are a couple companies in Sedona that offer jeep rentals and/or tours that will take you to Merry Go Round Rock."
Directions to Merry-Go-Round Rock
1. Start at the Visitor's Center (331 Forest Rd)
2. Take a right on 89A
3. You'll come to a circle. Take the third exit (179)
4. After a fifth of a mile, you'll arrive at another circle. Take the second exit
5. Drive on Schnebly Hill Rd for about five miles
5. If you're not coming at a busy time, there should be parking at Cowpies Trailhead. You can also use the Jeep rentals mentioned above
6. Hike Munds Wagon Trail about a half mile to Merry-Go-Round Rock
If you're wanting to get some amazing shots of Merry-Go-Round Rock, our photographers can get you there, including the incredibly talented Kalena (see the link at the bottom for more).