After numerous sessions with so many amazing women, one of the big questions I always expect to hear is "What should I do to get ready for my boudoir?" Here are my top 9 helpful tips that will help make your next boudoir shoot go smooth as possible!
- 1. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate!
2. Layout all your outfits and think about any accessories that you might want to add like jewelry, shoes, robe, etc.
3. Try everything on and make sure it fits properly...
When booking your shoot, an experienced photographer can offer some guidance on what lingerie works best for your body type.
- 4. Make sure you have fresh or no polish on your fingers and toes. It's difficult to edit and often overlooked in editing.
- 5. If you are going to wax, pluck, or tan, please do so 2-3 days before your session. Always make sure you rinse off your spray tan to ensure there aren't any streaking patches.
- 6. Wear loose-fitting clothing to the shoot...
- This will eliminate skin indentations from jeans, sneakers, etc. A cute sundress and flip-flops would be perfect!
- 7. Plan your session around your monthly cycle. No one wants to strip down and be sexy when they are bloated and in pain.
8. One Day Before Your Boudoir Shoot
9. Day of Your Boudoir Shoot
- Lastly, here is a quick checklist for the day of your boudoir shoot.